- Cut out/limit the dining out. Well......we did ok. I would say that when the hubs went to TX, little man and I did really well the first couple months. Then life got busy, E came home on strike, we started remodeling the house and well? That went to shit. Add the almost three home sales to the list and it was uh, a lot of dining out. BUT since we've been at the apartment, it has been sooooooo much better. The entire time hubs was home we planned meals, ate leftovers, got creative and really just ate a home a lot more than we have in years. I say maybe 2 days of eating out? Awesome. I hope to keep this up in 2013.
- Learn more about using my camera and editing photos. Notsomuch. I've gotten better at shooting in manual, I feel like I'm really getting a feel for my settings. I still tend to shoot with too high of an ISO (I blame that on our terrible apartment lighting) or get my pictures just a little too dark or a little too light, but I have hopes for this year.
- Break off my affair with my snooze button. Yeah, we're still in love.
- Limit nightly computer time. I really started out well with this one....then I didn't. Most nights I've got the stupid thing on my lap until I go to bed....terrible.
- Make more time to read. I did to better with this since school has started back up. However, it's been hit and miss since then. I tend to log in and play on the computer while killing brain cells instead of reading and that makes me sad. I love to read and really need to rearrange my priorities
- Pay down debt. Well...this one started out well. Then the hubs was on strike for 67 days and that killed us. Add to that some remodels that we had to get done to sell and well, yeah...didn't really work out. However, I have plan to pay off two credit cards this week and plans in place to hopefully pay off the others soon.
- Work out at least 3 times/week. I did not do well with this until hubs was home on strike, then we started working out together. It was awesome! Walk/runs were great and I was actually scheduling time 3x/week to work out....then I got knocked up, work started, house selling was in full swing and well, that died. I wish I could have kept it up.
- Clean house. Done....we got rid of a ton of stuff because of the move. However, nesting has begun and I want to get rid of more! (Too bad so much is in storage!)
- Get the house sold. DONE! DONE! DONE! AMEN....thank you Lord.
- Focus on growing spiritually. I feel like this one was given to me from the Lord himself. I hadn't been focusing on my spiritual health the way I should and then a lot of things happened that forced me to re-evaluate my faith. I believe that I have grown tremendously since last January and I hope to continue to grow even more this year.
So what's on the list for 2013?
- Get my family back together in one state. If this mean's a paycut for me, double jobs for one of us, etc. so be it. I cannot go through another year without my husband by my side (especially with a newborn and a toddler).
- Pay off all credit cards, save at least three months worth of income for emergencies, and create a small vacation fund so that we can visit our families without worry after the move. Pretty self explanatory.
- Lose all the baby weight (plus a few pounds) by Thad's 3rd birthday (August 6th). I'd like to do this by joining a gym as well as making some diet changes. Really hoping to see this one achieved earlier than August, but we'll see.
- Learn to edit photos (and take even better pictures). I have PS Elements 9 and I have.no.idea how to use it. I need to make this a priority...especially with two kids this year!
- Less technology and more books. Enough said.
- Find a church and attend regularly. With an impending move, it's a great time for us to find a church that fits us as family. Right now we attend a Lutheran church (MS), but it's a lot more rigid/strict than the one I grew up in and honestly, hubs has never felt comfortable there because he found his faith late in life and attended a very new/progressive church. I'd like to find a place that speaks to both of spiritually and one that we can make a priority to attend regularly.
So there you have it...the goals I've come up with for this year. I want to continue working on eating at home as well as a few other things, but I feel like these are the big ones.
What are you working on this year? Do any of your goals match mine?